- Looking for a great place to stay in Chicago? Consider House 5863 Chicago Bed & Breakfast. House 5863 is not your typical B&B inn. We are different. Here you will find no Victorian decor or rockers on a scenic porch. Rather, we are an urban, hip place to stay in the heart of Chicago's north side. Our style is contemporary comfort. Our rooms are clean, cool and most of all, restive. Our approach is more hands off than hands on. We focus on providing for all of your needs behind the scenes without disrupting your stay. Our common areas are designed for casual living. The fully-equipped kitchen offers continental style breakfast with all the basics to allow you to serve yourself on your own schedule and at your own pace. Our garden and deck areas offer a quiet respite for relaxed joy. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago.
- All Guest must be fully vaccinated. We want to provide a safe environment for all guest.
Here are our new guidelines that will assist in creating your quality and safe stay:
- We are asking that if you decide to make reservation to please be aware that our reservations are Non Refundable and Non Transferrable. If you consider traveling, we implore that you get Travel Insurance. The following link will provide you with more information on Travel Insurance https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/
- All Guest Staying must provide proper ID for contact tracing including guests that are have not reserved rooms but are staying with another guest. We must register all guest per State of Illinois/ City of Chicago Health Department.
- All guest must be vaccinated . We will only accept Approved Vaccinations from CDC and City of Chicago and State of Illinois Health Department.
- Please be aware that State of Illinois/ City of Chicago health guidelines have changed. You can click on link below to access information on changes.
- The following link will provide you with more information on City of Chicago Health Regulations www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
- Please be aware that guest should bring actual vaccination cards as some businesses might require that information when visiting. State of Illinois law/ City of Chicago law allows private businesses to require that information and are required to keep that information on file for contact tracing.
- All guest must still mask in common areas and social distance.
Making fraudulent use of an official U.S. government seal is a felony that carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison. Individuals who forge a vaccination cards to travel, return to
work or attend events can also be charged criminally for knowingly putting other people at risk of getting COVID-19.
- For Safety issues, all Rooms will not be available for any early check-in .
- Minimum of 24 hours between guests for complete cleaning and prevention of viruses.
- All Guest must adhere to Social Distancing Guidelines. All Guests must wear face coverings in common areas.
- As always, we are a Contactless check-in and check out. We do not provide codes but we ask guest to provide us a time when they are arriving and to either call, text or email us if their times have changed.
Be sure to take our virtual tour to see for yourself what our guest house has to offer. Then join us at House 5863 for your next visit to Chicago and we are sure that you will enjoy your stay.
House 5863 is a City of Chicago licensed bed & breakfast establishment. This means we have undergone a rigorous building and license process including annual building inspections, health department inspection and fire department inspection. BE CAREFUL when booking reservations at establishments that are not licensed such as those offered by AirBNB and on Craigslist - you have no guarantee that the property is as described or that the room will be available when you arrive. More importantly, you do not know if the property is safe. Is staying in a safe hotel important to you?
House 5863 is a proud member of the Chicago Bed & Breakfast Association, Choose Chicago, the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, and the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Want to learn more about our bed and breakfast? Check out our blog and upcoming events in Chicago.