Looking for a great place to stay in Chicago? Consider House 5863 Chicago Bed & Breakfast. House 5863 is not your typical B&B inn. We are different. Here you will find no Victorian decor or rockers on a scenic porch. Rather, we are an urban, hip place to stay in the heart of Chicago's north side. Our style is contemporary comfort. Our rooms are clean, cool and most of all, restive. Our approach is more hands off than hands on. We focus on providing for all of your needs behind the scenes without disrupting your stay. Common areas are designed for casual living. The fully-equipped kitchen offers continental style breakfast with all the basics to allow you to serve yourself on your own schedule and at your own pace. Our garden and deck areas offer a quiet respite for relaxed joy. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Chicago.
Here are our new guidelines that will assist in creating your quality and safe stay:
- We are asking that if you decide to make reservation to please be aware that our reservations are Non Refundable. If you consider traveling, we implore that you get Travel Insurance. The following link will provide you with more information on Travel Insurance https://www.allianztravelinsurance.com/
- Anyone traveling to Chicago from states that have seen a surge in COVID-19 cases will have to self-quarantine for two weeks. The order is in currently in effect for the following states:
- Southern Counties of the State of Illinois will high Covid-19 rates will be limited to staying at our establishment
Anyone not following the order and caught might have fines issued up to a Maximum of $7000 and possible jail time
- The following link will provide you with more information on City of Chicago Health Regulations www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/emergency-travel-order.html
- For Safety issues, all Rooms will not be available for any check-in until 3 days after the last guest stayed in the room.
- Our team has always given the utmost attention and detail to providing guests a healthy and clean experience. We follow the CDC and USEPA guidelines for approved disinfectants and products to be applied to all high touch surfaces and have prepared for your visit with an additional thorough disinfecting process.
- Minimum of 72 hours between guests for complete cleaning and prevention of viruses.
- Maximum of 10 overnight guests for House 5863. Outside Guests will not be allowed at the Bed and Breakfast until Further Notice.
- Six feet between unrelated guests and staff for social distancing. All Guests must wear face coverings in common areas.
- The staff will be wearing masks.
- As always, we are a Contactless check-in and check out the establishment and you will need to book a reservation and confirm in order to received entrance codes and room codes.
- Staff temperature is taken upon each arrival and shift.
- If you are returning guests you will see a few changes: Rooms will no longer be cleaned at the request and guest needing additional towels or sheets will be provided clean and disinfected sheets in sealed bad and any used towels and sheets must be placed in the bag provided and closed so we may clean and disinfect used items.
- Due to State of Illinois and City of Chicago Rules and Regulations we have discontinued Continental Breakfast until further notice. We will have other options available in the future as we review health and sanitary policies by our local government. There are a few wonderful options for Breakfast with outdoor seating through-out the neighborhood. We have a list available if necessary.
- Groups Larger than 3 individuals will no longer be allowed. Booking of multiple rooms by a single individual will no longer be allowed and each individual must provide Identification for Contact tracing.
Be sure to take our virtual tour to see for yourself what our guest house has to offer. Then join us at House 5863 for your next visit to Chicago and we are sure that you will enjoy your stay.
House 5863 is a City of Chicago licensed bed & breakfast establishment. This means we have undergone a rigorous building and license process including annual building inspections, health department inspection and fire department inspection. BE CAREFUL when booking reservations at establishments that are not licensed such as those offered by AirBNB and on Craigslist - you have no guarantee that the property is as described or that the room will be available when you arrive. More importantly, you do not know if the property is safe. Is staying in a safe hotel important to you?
House 5863 is a proud member of the Chicago Bed & Breakfast Association, Choose Chicago, the Andersonville Chamber of Commerce, and the Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce. Want to learn more about our bed and breakfast? Check out our blog and upcoming events in Chicago.